The Hornby Elite
Twin control with press switch functions, 17 button keyboard, wide function LCD screen display and a 4 amp transformer plus the capabilities of registering 254 locomotive addresses as well as 255 accessory addresses, and that includes point control. Also there is a USB portal for linking to a computer and the internet!
Ideal for any upgrade packages that become available.The Hornby Elite is quite literally designed for the model layout that demands more control. Now this is the way to run a railway! The Hornby Eliteâ- Simple to understand, simple to use and designed for not only today but for the digital developments of tomorrow.
The 17 button keypad includes not only buttons 0 - 9 keys which are alpha numeric, but other keys marked Locomotive, Accessory, Function, Lights, Menu, Escape and of course Stop!. These multi-function keys provide the basis for the programming and functioning of up to 254 locomotives and 255 accessories including points.The keypad has the capability of entering into the units memory the names and numbers of locomotives and accessories as well as inputting the various functions that the Hornby Elite offers.
The liquid crystal display centred on the 'Elite' has 2 rows of 8 characters, train direction indicators, a speed indicator and a set of 13 numbers which are 0 - 12 and these will show the various functions that are switched on in respect of locomotives or accessories under direct control. A clock is also included on the display which can be set to real time or can be set up to 10x faster. Working with the Rotary Controls the display will be able to keep the operator fully up to date with the functionings of the Elite.
The Elite is supplied with a 4 amp transformer. 3 amps are passed directly to the tracks and 1amp is for separately wired accessories, therefore the Elite is capable of providing enough power to run at any one time approximately 10 locomotives depending on how power efficient the locomotives are.
The Hornby Elite Digital Unit incorporates two rotary controllers which not only control the assigned locomotives but also assist in registering each model and accessory to the Elite. The controls are able to do this by a simple click and turn procedure.This method is also employed to add names to the Elites display so that in place of locomotives being identified with just a number, abbreviated names can be used. The pressing of the Rotary Controls not only determines which controller has control, but also the direction of the locomotive s travel. This process is also used to activate a point motor.These are just a sample of some of the functions that are associated with the Rotary Controllers; however they do go to illustrate the highly technical advances that the Hornby Digital Elite offers to the keen railway modeller.
- NMRA Rated & Certificated (Fully Conforms To All NMRA Standards)
- Full CV read and programming function.
- 3 speed steps - 14, 28, 128.
- Complies with EMC requirements.
- The Elite can programme in all 4 modes: Direct, Register, Paged and Operate.
- Supports Short and Extended Addressing.
- Controls up to 255 points and accessories.
- Supports RailComÂ® Lenz GmbH.
- Allows 64 consists (Double Heading)
- Controls up to 64 locomotives at any one time providing the power is available.
- Large, no nonsense on screen display.
- Hand held or free standing unit.
- The facility to operate up to 29 functions. (Sounds, lights etc.)
- Twin train control.
- USB for downloading system updates and for connection to third party software.
- Favourites setting - list up to 255 favourite locomotives for quick and easy call up.
- Supports 5 languages. (Italian, French, German, Spanish, English)
- Separate Programming and Mainline Connections.
- Locomotive search function.
- A Programmable scale clock. Ratios from 1:1 (Real time) up to 1:10.
- Easy step by step users guide. (Italian, French, German, Spanish).
- No batteries required
To see the Hornby Elite in action see Hornby's demo videos of the Elite here: https://www.youtube.com/user/hornbyhobbiesltd/videos