A versatile laser cut modular catenary system, allowing you to mix & match components to suit your requirements. With a choice of mast & headspan design to suit British Outline East Coast & West Coast mainline layouts and anywhere in between.
Our catenary system is made from precision laser cut MDF and Laserboard which makes it easy to work with for the average modeller, while being strong & durable enough to stand the test of time. All of our packs will build 10 pairs of masts or 10 double track headspans. The extension packs then allow you to build wider spans covering more than 2 tracks, they will do up to 20 triple track or 10 four track spans.
Register arms, wirings & pulleys are not included with this kit (stay tuned for our tutorial fashioning your own!)
Our LX050-OO Catenary System has a choice of 2 different mast designs:
Each mast is constructed from just 5 components and takes no more than a few minutes to assemble. The masts use a sturdy MDF Core with engraved laserboard overlays for the front and rear faces of the masts and mast base, which also has engraved bolt detail for added realism. Note: Mast packs DO NOT include headspans.
- Ladder (Pack A)
- Lattice (Pack B)
Our LX050-OO Catenary System also offers modellers a choice of two headspan designs, which again can be mixed and matched as required:
All of our headspans packs will span a double track layout using standard Hornby / Peco Setrack Spacing.
- Lattice Girder / Gantry (Pack C)
- Castellated Beam (Pack D).
Note: Headspan packs DO NOT include masts. Lattice Girder Beam Headspan packs also include a wooden jig to aid construction.
Headspan Extension Packs:
If you wish to build catenary to span 3 or more tracks, our extension packs come in two styles:
The are designed to match with the twin track headspans. When you're building the headspans you simply incorporate the relevant number of extensions into the centre of each span (1 extension for a 3 track span, 2 extensions for a 4 track span etc). All extension packs come with internal or external bracing to maintain strength and structural integrity of the original twin track catenary.
- Lattice Girder (Pack E)
- Castellated Beam (Pack F)
Overall Kit Features:
- Very sturdy construction using a combination of MDF & laserboard for strength & realism.
- Perfect for any OO / 1:76 / 4mm modern image model railway layout or diorama.
- Compatible with all makes of OO gauge model railway.
- Modular design will span 2, 3, 4 or more tracks.
- Masts (Including Base): H: 106mm x W: 12mm x D: 10mm
- Lattice Headspan (Main Girder sections): L: 76mm x W: 7mm x H: 18.5mm
- Castellated Beam Headspan (Main Girder section): L: 79mm x W: 8mm x H: 11mm
- Lattice Headspan Extension: L: 67mm x W: 7mm x H: 18.5mm
- Castellated Beam Headspan: L: 67mm x W: 8mm x H: 11mm
- Deluxe Materials Roket Card Glue highly recommended for these.
Typically on the railways, most of the metalwork for OHLE systems would have a galvanised steel finish, so painting in a suitable silver then weathering with a light coat of grey / matt lacquer should be sufficient in most cases. Weathering powders can be used to further age and enhance the finish as required.
Click here to view a video on this kit (part 1)
Click here to view a video on this kit (part 2)
Click here to view a step-by-step build article for this kit (part 2)
Click here to view a step-by-step build article for this kit (part 3)
Click here to view a step-by-step build article for this kit (part 4)