A quick and easy way to install realistic concrete hardstanding on your layout. Perfect for maintenance depots, engine sheds, distribution depots and more. This kit comprises of a series of 2mm thick, laser cut MDF strips designed to sit between and over the sleepers on standard Hornby & Peco track, giving the appearance of the rails being embedded into the concrete. Also included are two A4 sheets of realistic, weathered concrete hardstanding texture sheets, with expansion gap markings etc to cover the MDF strips with.
For a demonstration of how to install this kit on your layout, please see the video below.
A single kit contains enough parts to build hardstanding for a 2 lane engine shed or traction maintenance depot with a width of up to 46mm either side of the outer tracks for the 67mm version. Dimensions for Peco Streamlined version to be confirmed.
- Track spacing options:
- Peco Setrack, Hornby, Peco Streamline Code 100: 67mm - (LX096-OO-A)
- Peco Streamline Code 75: 50mm - (LX096-OO-B)
- Add-on track centre sections compatible with either of the above (Pack of 24) - (LX096-OO-C)
- Add-on track centre sections compatible with either of the above (Pack of 11) - (LX096-OO-D)
- Hardstanding Length: 425mm
- Scale: OO Gauge
Recommended glue: Deluxe Materials DLAD-21 Super Phatic or Evo-Stick Wood Glue for gluing MDF strips. Spraymount, UHU or Pritt Stick for gluing the texture sheets to the MDF.
Click here to view a step-by-step build guide for this kit